Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas in LA

Yesterday, Jim and I flew to LA.  Fortunately for us, the sunshine followed our plane.  LA has been under water for about 6 straight days with torrential rains.  Today is beautiful.

Before we flew out yesterday, I went in for my 17th treatment.  I am now over halfway.  I am very glad that I am missing two treatments this week.  Flying out seems to have taken it's toll on me.  Despite packing my own healthy food and drinking lots of water and taking Ai/E10 every hour, I am still flaking out on the couch today.  Hopefully, I can balance my energy usage so that I can enjoy being out here with two of our daughters and two of our sons, plus two grandchildren, our great son-in-law, Brad, and Ryan's fiancee, Celeste.  We are looking forward to a wonderful time.  Meg, our youngest daughter is somewhere over the North Pole as I write.  She is flying in from Germany.  Ryan and Celeste will be flying in from Salt Lake City tonight.  David, our youngest, lives here as well as our oldest daughter, Katie.  (She and Brad are the ones who are holding our precious grandchildren, Mivvi and Jack, captive out here in LA.  Just kidding...kind of!)

I am kind of surprised at how my energy level dropped between the time I was in Birmingham yesterday morning and now.  I have found myself heading for the couch by about 9AM - just for a little rest.  I had been warned that flying was tough on the body anyway, but I guess that being in the process of radiation treatments elevated that stress. 

We are continuing to pray for God's grace in Jim's mother's life.  She was not well on Sunday when we saw her.  I can only pray for her comfort and God's mercy.  Ro, Jim's sister, is keeping an eye on her while we are gone.

Well, I want to get back out into the kitchen to help Katie make some lunch.  I think a nap will be in order after that.  I have to be a little more energetic when the other two arrive this evening.

If I don't write again before Christmas, may your Christmas be a blessed day.  I pray that the true essence of Christmas will be the center of your celebration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment